4 days classical tour to Argolis (Mycenae, Nafplion, Epidaurus), Olympia, Delphi & Meteora
Dep. 08.30 – Ret. 19.45 (4th day).
OPERATING DAYS & PRICES
From April to October, every Mon, Tue, and Sat, and selected Thu: April 22 – October 10.
From November to March the tour is organized only on Mondays.
… euro per person in double room, 3* hotel with breakfast only, or
… euro per person in double room, 4* hotel (on H/B basis)
…Supplement for single room: € per night in 3* hotel, or, …..in4* hotel.
• Visit of Epidaurus Theatre
• Visit of Mycenae Archaeological site & Tomb of Agamemnon
• Visit of Olympia Archaeological site & Museum
• Short photo stop at Nafplion
• Visit of Delphi Archaeological site & Museum
• Visit of Meteora Monasteries (2 monasteries)
• Entrance fees to the sites included
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Olympia
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Delphi
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Kalambaka (Meteora area)
• 3 breakfasts, 3 dinners
• Professional guide services
• Entrance fees
• Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
• Pick up / drop off service from most of the hotels in Athens
• All taxes
• Personal expenses, drinks during dinner are not included.
Prehistory, followed by the Classical period, Roman domination, the Byzantine Empire, the Crusaders and the Modern times will unfold before you on this four day tour.
DAY 1: Short photo stop at the Corinth Canal. Drive on and visit the theatre of Epidaurus, famous for its acoustics. Proceed to Nafplion (short stop), and on to Mycenae. Visit the archaeological site, the local museum, and the Tomb of Agamemnon before driving to Olympia. Overnight.
DAY 2: Morning visit of the sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the ancient stadium and the archaeological museum. Around lunch time drive to Patras and cross over the cable suspended bridge the Corinthian Bay from Rion to Antirion. Passing by the town of Nafpaktos (Lepanto) and Itea, arrive in Delphi. Overnight.
DAY 3: Morning visit the archaeological site and the museum and after lunch depart for Kalambaka, the town at the foot of the Meteora. Half way to Kalambaka take a short stop st Thermopyllae the palace where Leonidas and the 300 Spartans fought the Persians. Overnight in kalambaka.
DAY 4: Visit 2 monasteries on the rocks of Meteora. After lunch start the way back to Athens. Arrive in Athens early in the evening.